Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Training: Day 1

This morning we ate at the campus lunch room. We ate a traditional Namibian Breakfast consisting of Bread, Cheese (slices, not cheap kind), warm milk, and some type of bran flakes packed together like I remember the old shredded wheat. The bran has sugar on it and you're supposed to dip it in the milk... we found out later. I also found out that bread is a traditional item for breakfast. They also serve plenty of butter (good stuff) and lots of apricot jam with each breakfast.

We have started our training of the Namibian Students. Professor Harper gave us a good look at what's coming around the corner with new technology. The students were amazed at some of the technologies that are coming up... like the iPhone. I was so impressed with some of them and their hunger for knowledge and media information. They are so talented and they and hungry for information. I wish I had the money to equip them with appropriate labs, cameras and the things they need. I'm trying to figure out ways to help these students with some kind of donations. Mom I'm going to need the G5.

The Lunch and dinners are great... they feed us well.

I will catch up on the past couple of days as soon as I can. We are super busy with training and other activities right now.

No comments: