Sunday, July 29, 2007

MaryBeth Gallagher




We have met one of the most amazing people while here in Namibia. Her name is MaryBeth Gallagher and she is from New York. She came here two and a half years ago to serve the community of Katutura. During the week she works with the schools and kindergartens to help where ever she can. On Saturday she has organized a soccer league for the youth in Katutura. It is amazing! I was shocked when I watched the children play on fields of Glass! Yes Glass and rocks and Acacia thorns... one went through my shoe and into my heel... OUCH! They play in worn out shoes or BARE feet! I will never complain about anything such as shoes hurting my feet. MaryBeth is amazing and she's always looking for volunteers and donations in her cause. She also runs a soup kitchen on Sundays... She's amazing. She has to come up with N$520 Namibian every week... that's around $75 American to run the soccer and keep the soup kitchen up and going. If you are interested in helping out contact her here Her email is marybeth_gallagher@yahoo.com. Please feel free to contact her if you have any questions for her!

No comments: