Saturday, December 27, 2008

Zion


Zion
Originally uploaded by CS Clark
I just purchased a B+W 1000x ND Filter. That's a 10 stop filter. It was a lot of fun going up to Zion, since I hadn't been in well over a year. I almost didn't take this picture because the location was tough to get to. I finally said to myself, "Ok, I'm here and this is what I came for, tough it out!" So I walked through the snow and made it to the spot, and it was perfect to set up my tripod. It's a pain to use the filter because you have to take it off every time you recompose your shot. You can barely see bright objects in midday sun, so anything else requires you removing the filter. I was blown away the first image that came through. I had a lot of fun on the trip... I even took my new EOS 3 film camera, and popped off ten or so black and white images. I hope I metered correctly. I kept trying to figure out in my head if I went the right way, but I wasn't sure. We will see once I find a place to develop my roll :)

No comments: